Sport Resolutions is an independent, not-for-profit, dispute resolution service for sport based in the United Kingdom. Our aim is to provide an expert, speedy and cost-effective alternative to internal appeals processes and court-based litigation. We provide sport specific arbitration and mediation services and operate the National Anti-Doping Panel (NADP) and National Safeguarding Panel (NSP).
Our core services include:
Our arbitration service provides a final and binding resolution to all kinds of sports disputes where the parties need a decision to be made on a specific matter. Read more..
Our mediation service provides a quick and cost-effective way of resolving all kinds of sports disputes where it is important for the resolution to remain confidential and for the relationship between the parties to be preserved. Read more..
• National Anti-Doping Panel
We operate the National Anti-Doping Panel, the United Kingdom’s independent tribunal responsible for adjudicating anti-doping disputes in sport. Read more..
• National Safeguarding Panel
The National Safeguarding Panel (NSP) supports NGBs in the professional management of safeguarding complaints and concerns. Read more..
• Pro Bono Legal Advice Panel
Our pro-bono legal advice and representation service provides a list of experienced sport lawyers who may be willing to assist individuals of limited financial means before Sport Resolutions panels and other NGB tribunals. Read more..
• Investigations and Reviews
Our investigations and review service provides an independent means of compiling evidence in connection with a complaint or allegation, in support of a sport organisation’s disciplinary procedures, complaints procedures or other regulations. Read more..
We also run a programme of seminars and organise annual conferences covering a diverse range of topics related to sports arbitration and mediation.
SPORT RESOLUTIONS HAS..
• resolved over 1000 disputes across 40 sports in the past 10 years
• saved sport in the UK more than £10,000,000 in legal and administration cost
• received 250 requests for help each year, which leads to 120 cases being resolved by arbitration or mediation
• resolved 19 athlete selection disputes which took place during an 8 week period in the lead up to the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games
• resolved 125 anti-doping disputes since establishment of the NADP in 2008
• over 200 sport specific arbitrators and mediators, covering both the UK and international regions
1 Salisbury Square, London, EC4Y 8AE
Receive weekly news and get ConnectSport updates direct to your inbox