Notts County FC Football in the Community is a multi award-winning, independent, community sports charity.
We are proud to deliver a range of innovative programmes that make a positive difference to people in Nottingham, raising aspirations and supporting some of the most disadvantaged, marginalised and talented people across the city. We use the power of football and the profile of the world’s oldest football league club, Notts County FC, to provide direction and support.
We are committed to providing high quality, accessible and life-changing, development opportunities that change people’s health, confidence and skills, increase positive behaviours and bring enjoyment to the people we work with.
As a charity, we raise all our own funding and are successful at designing innovative projects that target specific groups of local people. We work with a wide range of groups across Nottingham on a daily basis of all ages, abilities and disabilities.
Our organisation has been developed into five key areas:
- Health and wellbeing: We deliver a range of healthy lifestyle, disabilities, weight management and mental health projects to a range of ages, making a huge difference to participants’ long-term health.
- Education: We deliver multiple education projects in school, as well as directly educating young people aged 14 to 18 on a full-time basis in our alternative provision (Heading for Goal) and our BTEC courses.
- Social inclusion: We have a range of projects targeting marginalised groups including boys and men with mental health issues; teenagers at risk of crime or already involved in gangs and youth violence and children in care.
- Sports participation: We promote the benefits of sports and activity from a physical, mental and social point-of-view and work with people of all ages, abilities and disabilities to increase sports participation.
- National Citizen Service: Notts County FITC is the largest and most successful provider of NCS in the region. A government-funded project, it is a unique opportunity for 15 to 17-year-olds to come together with other young people that they wouldn’t ordinarily have met in their day-to-day lives.
Meadow Lane, Nottingham, NG2 3HJ
0115 955 7215
Receive weekly news and get ConnectSport updates direct to your inbox