WE PROVIDE THE HELP AND SUPPORT YOU NEED TO DELIVER YOUR OBJECTIVES
With over 25 years' experience in the sector, we offer organisations working on sport for development the support they need. HeawardSports is an independent specialist sport, leisure and community consultancy with significant funding expertise. We believe in harnessing the power of sport as a tool for development and work with both large and small organisations to help them unlock its potential.
We provide a wide range of services including help to secure funding and deliver projects. Our goal is to help all of our clients maximise their impact and reach their full potential. Our approach is built on lots of real-world experience delivering funding and other projects across the public, private, education, charitable and community sectors. Our professional team has the experience needed to produce great bids and have secured grants and other funding for over £35 million of projects.
Winning grants for sport, leisure and community projects in the UK can be tough! Even the best-resourced and most experienced organisations can find this challenging without the right support. Whilst it helps to have a great idea, on its own, this isn’t enough. You need to make a great bid, but you also need to be ‘grant ready’. The meaning of ‘grant ready’ varies between funders and often depends on the size and kind of investment you need. This is where our skills can make a big difference. We know what a great bid looks like and how to prepare one. We also know the essential steps you need to take before submitting your bid to be grant ready and ensure that you have maximised the likelihood of success. We have the expertise needed to help with a wide range of external funding solutions including securing grants, sponsorship, crowdfunding and social investment.
We also have the experience needed to assist organisations with:
- Developing sports development plans, business cases, feasibility studies and detailed business plans.
- Designing and delivering community engagement and consultation.
- Assisting with sports facility development from concept to completion.
- Planning and delivering a wider range of projects.
- Securing external awards and other forms of recognition.
- Developing and delivering high-quality events.
- Undertaking policy and strategy development projects.
- Providing leisure management support and advice.
- Assisting with community asset transfers (CAT).
- Advising on youth sport and social inclusion issues.
- Helping companies get the best return from investment in corporate social responsibility.
Examples of our recent work include
- Assisting a youth football charity secure over £160,000 to upgrade their facilities.
- Helping a CIC secure over £100,000 to develop, launch and operate a new community gym.
- Preparing the bid that secured Milton Keynes designation as European City of Sport for 2020.
- Aiding an environmental charity to secure £250,000 of sponsorship for a sports based project.
- Helping two charities use sport and physical activity to engage people and attract new visitors.
- Helping two international companies deliver high profile sports events across the UK.
- Winning funding for national league football clubs to improve their facilities and expand work in the community.
Gym image: A 3D render of how the GV Fitness Centre would look which was created before conversion works commenced.
MK image: The bid team at the formal presentation to ACES Europe of the Milton Keynes City of Sport 2020 bid.
Heaward Solutions is a trading name of HeawardSports Ltd. The company is owned and managed by Andrew Heaward BA(Hons), MCIMSPA, MInstF. All projects are personally led by Andrew assuring you of the best possible support. Across his career Andrew has led many award winning sport for development projects and secured StreetGames award for Outstanding Contribution to Doorstep Sport in 2016 and in 2007 the MJ Award for Promoting Physical Activity.
Receive weekly news and get ConnectSport updates direct to your inbox