The national charity Mind has announced the creation of nine sport, physical activity and mental health ‘regional networks’.
The networks are a result of a co-design process with 35 regional sport, physical activity and mental health organisations as well as consultation with key partners such as Sport England.
They will bring together sport, physical activity and mental health organisations to work together to increase the number of groups in their region who are equipped with the skills to support and engage people with mental health problems in physical activity.
Mind say the regional networks will:
- Utilise and promote Mind’s universal offer (eg training, toolkits and resources) within each region.
- Build relationships between sport, physical activity and mental health organisations within the region.
- Encourage organisations to join the network.
- Share good practice and relevant updates from Mind.
- Help Mind with requests for support within their region.
Each region will be led by a ‘Regional Network Hub’ who will act as the main point of contact and co-ordinate activities.
Organisations can apply to be a Regional Network Hub and will receive £10,000 funding and support from Mind until March 2021, with target criteria to be met. Applicants will need to demonstrate how they will sustain their network after this time.
Download more information here.
Mind will host a webinar on Friday, August 16 (10.30-11.30am) to run through the Regional Network Hub application and answer questions. Access the webinar here.