The 2019 Beyond Sport Global Awards opened for entries this week.
Over the past decade, the awards have celebrated and supported for some of the most innovative projects using sport to trigger positive social change across the world.
More than 300 organisations have won awards and 1.5million US dollars distributed in funding, along with eight million dollars in long-term strategic support.
The deadline for entries for the 11th annual awards is midnight EDT on June 7, and this year there will be an even greater focus on how sport is supporting the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Sport for health and wellbeing award (supporting SDG 3)
- Sport for quality education award (SDG 4)
- Sport for gender equality award (SDG 5)
- Sport for decent work and economic growth award (SDG 8)
- Sport for reduced inequalities (SDG 10)
- Sport for sustainable cities and communities award (SDG 11)
- Sport for climate action (SDG 13)
- Sport for peace and social justice award (SDG 16)
- Best corporate campaign or initiative in sport for good
Shortlisted organisations and individuals will be invited to participate in workshops over three days in New York ahead of the UN General Assembly in September.
To find out more and submit your entry, visit beyondsport.org/Awards.