Activity Alliance has published its manifesto for an “inclusive, active nation” ahead of the General Election on December 12.
The charity claims the Election provides “a perfect opportunity for political parties to commit to giving disabled people the same opportunities to live full and active lives”.
It has published five asks of the next Government, and is sending them to all party leaders. They read as follows:
1. Boost cross-department government collaboration
2. Makesport and leisure bodies responsible
3. Address disabled people’s fears of losing benefits
4. Ensure collaboration for greater health and wellbeing outcomes
5. Inspire future generations through inclusive PE and school sport
Activity Alliance are calling for your support in raising awareness of the manifesto – please share it on social media. If you wish to discuss the asks, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01509 227750.